Ok I know I have been slacking off for the past couple of weeks.. Or even months.. But I am trying to be a little more productive… This lent I tried to give up as much social media as I can especially FB, I can still post pics on Insta or even share it on tumblr or FB… Other than that, I will limit myself from spending mindless hours scrolling down on my newsfeed,… Instead… I will try to refocus my energy on more important errr more productive stuff like writing and blogging… Again…. so stay tuned…
<a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11148507/?claim=b9nrjzzzg3t”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
Happy new year!! So part of celebrating the new year is having a new year’s resolution… I guess losing my baby weight is my primary goal this year which means.. No more getting lazy and no more procrastinating…
Yesterday I’ve started a diet plan… Won’t disclose the name yet to see if it would work for me…
It includes a strict protein diet for some certain days in a week… And what I like about it is it allows you to have a couple (or more) I would like to call Cheat days… As Long as you stick with the time you’re supposed to eat.
1st day morning weigh-in: 200lbs, 40% fat and 40% water.
1st night weigh-in: 196 lbs, 34% fat and 43% water.
So far so good… Oh and btw today is my protein day so… It helped that I didn’t eat complex carbs at all…
I’m hoping this would work for me… Who knows in three months I’m back to my pre-baby weight… Well.. One can only hope! I’m keeping my finger’s crossed!
OMG!!! this news totally made my day! no really!!! I don’t thing I can focus on work today just because of too much excitement from this news…
so YES! you heard that right MAC Heroine lipstick is here to stay.. Permanently! that is just something worth celebrating for! well yea I would that’s how much I wanted that shade really bad. been looking for it on ebay, amazon and all the online re-sellers, but the price are just so ridiculous! Imagine a regularly priced $15 lipstick sky rocketed to almost $100 bucks man that’s like 5 lipsticks more!!! no thank you!
It was said to have a pre-launch date on Dec.16 (maccosmetics.com) and will be available in stores on January 2,2014.
can this day get any better?? well for me I hope… I think le hubby and lil sis are on their way to sephora right now to get me the Naked3 pallette and MAC to get the ririhearts lippies!
how about you? are you excited for something??
Who wouldn’t want to try this lippie set! for $25, you get one full size lippie and some mini deluxe samples, which are also pretty decent in amount of product!. It includes, Bite Beauty’s High pigment pencil in Rhubarb, Buxom’s Full on Lip polish in Dolly, Fresh’ Sugar rose tinted lip treatment, Laura Mercier lip glace in Bare pink, Nars Lipgloss in Turkish delight and a full size of Tarte’s Lipsurgence liplustre in Glitzy.
- BITE BEAUTY: High pigment pencil: Rhubarb -I’ve had this lippie from before, included in Best Bite Set, which I really don’t mind having again. I love this product, it’s very pigmented and feels moisturizing on the lips, glides on very smoothly and easy to be applied due to it’s pencil like appearance. this is Highly recommended! would definitely buy it again.
- BUXOM: Full-on lip polish: Dolly -before this product, I am not really a fan of lipglosses or anything on a tube with a wand. but I had a change of heart because of this one. a little goes a long way, it’s very sheer with just a very little amount of tint which blends well with my natural lip color. I really don’t mind it being sticky, because it gives me that plumping factor, and has sort of a mint taste to it, the amazing part is, it lasts very long for a gloss.
- FRESH: Tinted lip treatment: Sugar Rose -This is one of the products that I’ve been raving to try but couldn’t because it’s ridiculously overpriced. and one of the reasons why i got this set. though I’m glad I didn’t give in to my compulsive self. Yes it does what it says, its very moisturizing and feels smooth on the lips with a berry tint, but nothing special, so I wouldn’t be getting it again, just gonna settle with my good ol’ EOS unless sephora comes up with another amazing set!
- LAURA MERCIER: Lip glace: Bare pink -and this is why I hated lip gloss in the first place. the texture is silky, though the formula is very thick and sticky and it has a funky smell, almost smelled like paint or something.. so on to the recycling bin!
- NARS: Lip gloss: Turkish Delight -Ah! Kim Kardashian’s ultimate lipgloss, that’s why this is a very popular product. the formula is nice, it’s smooth and creamy I just don’t like this color on me, because I am a medium-tan so this very light pink tint doesn’t work very well on me. I would probably try another shade that is more flattering, but overall it’s a good product.
- TARTE: Lipsurgence Lip lustre: Glitzy – Well tarte! you never ceases to amaze me! the formula feels very soft on the lips, the color is a reddish bronze frost and lasts very long. I think this in this set, this is the full size. which is a yay! so I get to enjoy this pretty longer.. will definitely buy again and try the other colors..
Some of the products are a big hit and some are miss over all it’s a good deal! So I recommend you to try this! who knows you might find another beauty favorite! coz I sure did! Have a nice day!
PS: be sure to tune in for another Sephora Favorites! coming soon… Give me MORE lips….
More Good!As any thanksgiving feast can attest, this is not the time for holding back. rather, this month and entire holiday season, is about abundance in all forms. More thanks, more giving, more thoughtfulness, more samples, and of course more pumpkin pie and stuffing. All month, we’ll be bringing you ideas for how you can bring more good to your life, from roundup of our favorite charitable beauty brands to easy ways to give back. in addition, we’re donating a portion of the proceeds from the birch box shop to No kid hungry, a nationwide organization that works to end childhood hunger.There’s plenty more good where that came from, we can’t wait to celebrate with you all month!
Cheers!Katia, Hayley and the Birchbox Team
So this is the second installment of my Birchbox Subscription. I wasn’t really overexcited with this one, mainly because I’m not familiar with the brands that they sent for this month’s beauty box. and I already had my side on this month’s ipsy glam bag (which i will introduce later on another post) on a positive note.. this would be another opportunity to new products which could be part of my holy beauty grail!
Atelier Cologne (Orange Sanguine Petite Cologne Absolue) $60
What it is: An optimistic citrus blend that lasts much longer than the average scent.
Chella (Latte Highlighter Pencil) $18
What: This face illuminator brightens, and contours, it can be applied 10 different ways
Sugar goop (Daily Correct SPF 35 CC Cream) $32
What: Next-generation SPF 35 CC Cream that triple protects against UVA, UVB and infrared-A rays.
Tocca (Crema da Mano in Cleopatra) $20
What: Loaded with natural oils, this grapefruit and cucumber lotion absorbs in a flash
Vasanti Cosmetics (BrghtenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator) $34
What: This Customer fave mimics effects of microdermabrasion for a glowing, smooth complexion.
as I recline my seat with an open sun roof, I took my camera phone out and started taking pictures of all these buildings in the heart of Downtown Los Angeles.
I am not always a fan of architecture and such, but there are something with the familiarity of the buildings that I grew to like.. maybe it reminded me of something.. I don’t know..
sometimes I always forget how much I enjoyed looking at the view outside my window. It could be staring blankly on an open space, or appreciating the nature and art around me. I know most of us tend to neglect the things around us, sometimes we have to remember to disengage ourselves with the things that keeps us occupied (technology wise) once in a while. it reminds us that there are better things to do than just sit all day in a computer or play around with our smart phone… it’s pretty liberating!